A new world culture is being born. It is still in the throes of labor, and it is a painful and drawn out birth, but it is happening, and the signs are everywhere.
The Old World Culture
This new world culture is in stark opposition to the old world culture, which is characterized by egoism, greed, lust for power, wars, revenge, killings, and bloodshed. The old world culture is one where he, who has power, rules without justice, where intellectual predators grab what they can, where money is king, where corporate greed is evident and where empathy with one´s fellow man is lacking in scope. In the old world culture, the slogan is “it is better to take than to give”. It is this mentality that has created the darkness we have experienced in the last century and are still experiencing, characterized by wars, terrorism, greed, and egoism. It is where it is every man for himself.
The new world culture is emerging out of the ruins of the old. From the rubble of the bombed houses, the wounded and defeated people crawl forth, only to make it clear to the world that they do not want any more war. They want to help other beings and live in peace. How do I know that the new world culture will emerge and that it will finally conquer the old? I know for two reasons:
Martinus, a Man with Cosmic Consciousness
For the last 23 years, I have been studying the amazing revelations of Martinus, the Danish visionary and mystic. When he was 30, Martinus achieved cosmic consciousness, which meant that he could see beyond the physical plane into the spiritual plane beyond, where everything has its origin. Martinus had a deep understanding of the laws of life, and he could predict what is to come. And he very clearly predicted the birth of a new world culture characterized by altruism, empathy, oneness, peace, humanitarianism, spirituality, art and universal love.
The Larger Perspective
This new world culture will arise as a logical consequence of the downfall of the old. In this connection, it must be emphasized that we do not only live one life but an endless series of lives. When we have experienced a lot of suffering in one life, based on our egoism, we are reborn with a knowledge that we do not want to repeat those dark and miserable experiences. We are reborn knowing that killing is no good, and we strive to live in peace with all our heart. This is when we turn our backs to war, to the power seekers of the world, to the warlords and the flashy millionaires. This is when we say: enough. This is the first reason why I know.
The Signs of the Emerging New World Culture
The second reason I know is that the signs of the emerging new world culture are clear to see, even though they are taking place at a grassroots level and are not yet very much in the limelight.
This is evidenced by the following observations:
- People want to help other people. Where there are conflicts volunteers flock to the zones to offer their assistance to those in need. Humanitarian organizations are collecting money and sending aid to war zones. Many people cannot live with themselves if they do not offer to help.
- The formerly so generally accepted idea that we need to eat the flesh of animals to survive is being questioned and abandoned in a number of countries, and it is gaining momentum every day. It is becoming increasingly clear that eating protein from the dead bodies of animals is unnecessary and indeed a serious health risk. Vegetarianism and veganism are growing, as we come to realize that the animals we eat are our fellow beings and that the industrial meat production is unethical, cruel and unworthy.
- The exaggerated consumerism is weakening. We are in the process of realizing that we do not need all that ‘stuff’. We do not need 30 t-shirts, 20 shirts, 15 pairs of trousers and 35 pairs of shoes. And we do not need our clothes to be produced under sub-human conditions in third world countries, where the workers slave away under appalling conditions for a pittance. We are realizing that we need less and what we want is products made under decent conditions where the workers are paid a proper salary.
- A huge process of cleansing is taking place. All over the planet, all the ´shit´ is coming to the surface. Corruption is being revealed, fraudulent production methods are being disclosed, politicians are caught with their hands in the cookie jar, the cruelty of the meat industry is revealed and the doubtful methods of the pharmaceutical companies to grow their business are coming to the surface. It is as if ´murder will out´. This is a time of cleansing and of disclosure of everything that is not decent, not OK and not in the best interest of ordinary people.
- We want to eat food that has been grown without the use of pesticides and poison. The movement for ecology is growing every day, and the sale of organically grown food is fast overtaking the sale of the non-organically grown food.
- We take our health into our own hands. We no longer put our health into the hands of physicians but take responsibility for our own well-being by choosing a healthy lifestyle, eating vegetables and fruit, drinking less alcohol, being non-smokers, exercising more and thinking healthy thoughts.
- We want to stop polluting and depleting the resources of the earth. There is a powerful movement against throwing plastic in the seas and in nature, and the exploitation of the natural resources in e.g. The Amazonas by the few for their own benefit is meeting strong opposition. We are realizing that the earth is also a living being that we must treat with respect and love. The resources of the earth belong to everybody and not just to a few magnates that have the money to exploit them for their own benefit.
- The burning of fossil fuels is being abandoned and new alternative ways to produce the electricity we all need are being invented. We want a cleaner Earth and we are realizing that we have to treat the Earth with love and respect.
- A spiritual awakening is taking place, and it is growing every day. We no longer want the old, dogmatic religions, but we still want a spiritual aspect of our lives. We have become searching souls, searching for a deeper meaning and a reason why we are here. We want spiritual insight that appeals to our intellect. It is also beginning to dawn on us, that this may not be the only life we live, and that what happens to us is our own karma. We practice yoga and meditate, we seek answers to life´s big questions. Martinus´ work offers us those answers and much more. It appeals to our intellect and once we have become acquainted with it, we know why and how the new world culture will triumph over the old.
In the new world culture, all types of cruelty will have been abandoned. We will live in peace and we will help and support each other. We will live by the slogan “it is better to give than to take”. We practice universal love and we are friends with everybody. The concept of an enemy has been abandoned and we know that we are all one.
The world picture of Martinus is a deeply optimistic one because with his cosmic consciousness he could see that our future is bright and beautiful because one day the new world culture will overthrow the old, and harmony, peace, equality, and love will reign. In 500 years, the last war will be fought on this planet and from then on, the new world culture will be in the lead and the old world culture will slowly die.